Scottish Value Trust is looking to put up to 30% of its portfolio into hedge funds. Simon McClean, chairman, said the trust should not restrict its choice to traditional long-only portfolios.
He added hedge fund investing is attracting the best specialists in specific niche investment areas.
McClean sees the exposure, to be built up over time, as a means of diversifying into attractive investment opportunities while increasing capital protection.
His remarks come as Scottish Value Trust issued its
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Nikkei faces hurdles in EU benchmark registration