Much has happened in the year since EPRM last took a look at internet-based wholesale energy trading. But online exchanges still seem to be grappling with the same problems they faced a year or even two years ago.
Perhaps chief among those issues is market deregulation, which is proceeding at a snail’s pace – particularly in the US and Canada – in the aftermath of California’s energy crisis in the latter part of 2000 and early 2001. States and provinces are wary of change, and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines