Philippe Boulanger, director of France for Spanish utility Endesa, pointed out that some French politicians have unjustifiably used recent power blackouts in Europe as a reason for not supporting the liberalisation of energy markets.
Meanwhile, David Porter, chief executive of the Association of Electricity Producers, told delegates that political risk is currently the biggest obstacle to developing a mature European energy market.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines