Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière, chairman of Fitch, said: "The purchase of Algorithmics is the latest in a series of business and technology initiatives furthering our goal of creating world-class risk management products. This will undoubtedly enhance Fitch's overall value proposition to the market."
Stephen Joynt, president and chief executive officer of Fitch, added: "Together, Fitch and Algorithmics can further the technological development of enterprise risk management solutions, bringing them to a wider array of global organisations.Additionally, Algorithmics' expertise enhances Fitch's core ratings business by extending its quantitative capabilities."
Michael Zerbs, the president and chief operating officer of Algorithmics, said: "By teaming up with Fitch, we join an organisation with a solid reputation for developing high-quality risk and credit analysis. We will continue to focus on producing the best quality enterprise risk management solutions, solidifying our leading market position."
Full coverage of this acquisition will appear in the January edition of Risk.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- State aid, Brexit’s impact on Mifid, and the Fed embattled
- EC to miss Mifir equivalence deadline for share-trading venues
- Staying afloat in the data deluge