Vendors are welcome to let their clients know a poll is taking place, and to direct them to this page to vote if they want to.
- Companies are not allowed to send the link of the survey to their clients. Any evidence this has happened can lead to disqualification.
- Companies that send mass emails that copy and paste parts of our poll/intro letter and attach their logo will be disqualified, as these emails give the perception the poll is a collaborative effort.
- Companies that send mass emails out using the editor's name in the subject line, or anywhere else, will be disqualified.
- Companies that vote on behalf of their clients will be disqualified.
Risk Magazine reserves the right in this survey to disqualify companies, or discard votes, where:
- Evidence emerges that companies were rewarding clients with gifts for voting.
- There have been multiple votes from a single IP address.
- Fake email addresses have been used.
- Company employees have been voting for their own firm.
- There has been indiscriminate voting for a single vendor across multiple categories
- There is any indication that an unfair attempt has been made to influence the votes, other than what is mentioned above.
The editor's decision is final.
Read the 2009 technology rankings here:
The week on Risk.net, December 2–8, 2016Receive this by email