This Panel Discussion was held at Risk Magazine's annual Risk USA conference in New York City, October 26-29, 2009
It was moderated by Hank Prybylski, Global Financial Services Risk Management Leader, Ernst & Young.
2. What are the two most significant changes in the scope of your responsibility as a CRO?
3. How has the partnership changed between the risk management department and the risk-taking activities?
4. What risk practices best prepared you for the financial crisis, and what experience did you leverage?
5. What keeps you, as a CRO, up at night?
6.How do you effectively communicate with the board and create transparency around issues such as risk appetite?
7. What practical steps can you take to help the firm think about risk in an enterprise-wide way?
8. How can CROs ensure that pay truly reflects risks, both qualitatively and quantitatively?
9. How do you handle the internal risk markets that can be created through risk and capital allocation?
10. If your staff could only provide a one-page report every day, what would you like to see on that one page?
11. Are we as risk managers the victims of group-think? Should we listen more to those outside the risk discipline?
More on Risk Management
Finma said to be considering penalties
Buffett's warning on perils of volatility is well justified, argues Kaminski
ABSTRACT Expanding the realized variance concept through realized skewness and kurtosis is a straightforward process. We calculate one-day forecasts for these moments with a simple exponentially weighted...
Welcome to The Journal of Risk's Online First Forum. Here you will find the latest peer reviewed, accepted papers before they are available in print. With Online First publication, users can access...
Sign up for Risk.net email alerts
Sponsored video: MarketAxess
Sponsored video: Tradeweb
Multifonds talks to Custody Risk on being nominated for the Post-Trade Technology Vendor of the Year at the Custody Risk Awards 2014
Sponsored webinar: IBM Risk Analytics
There are no comments submitted yet. Do you have an interesting opinion? Then be the first to post a comment.