This Panel Discussion was held at Risk Magazine's annual Risk USA conference in New York City, October 26-29, 2009
It was moderated by Hank Prybylski, Global Financial Services Risk Management Leader, Ernst & Young.
2. What are the two most significant changes in the scope of your responsibility as a CRO?
3. How has the partnership changed between the risk management department and the risk-taking activities?
4. What risk practices best prepared you for the financial crisis, and what experience did you leverage?
5. What keeps you, as a CRO, up at night?
6.How do you effectively communicate with the board and create transparency around issues such as risk appetite?
7. What practical steps can you take to help the firm think about risk in an enterprise-wide way?
8. How can CROs ensure that pay truly reflects risks, both qualitatively and quantitatively?
9. How do you handle the internal risk markets that can be created through risk and capital allocation?
10. If your staff could only provide a one-page report every day, what would you like to see on that one page?
11. Are we as risk managers the victims of group-think? Should we listen more to those outside the risk discipline?
More on Risk Management
IASB and FASB have failed to bring standards together, stakeholders say
One bank that passed 2014 test has 50 things to fix before January
Fed using CCAR to wield threat of dividend restrictions
Stakeholders have given up hope of accounting convergence
Sign up for Risk.net email alerts
Nominated for two technology awards
Nominated for post trade technology award
Sponsored webinar: Collateral and counterparty tracking
Isda directors warn on fragmentation, access and liquidity - but expect problems to pass
There are no comments submitted yet. Do you have an interesting opinion? Then be the first to post a comment.