In his new role Rothwell will report to Jorge Villon, DrKW's global head of foreign exchange.
"Neil's appointment will enable us to diversify our commodities' activity into energy trading and become an active player in this space, providing further risk diversification within our business," Villon said in a statement. "At RWE, Neil was instrumental in establishing a very successful energy trading business and, during the course of the next 6-12 months, he will leverage that experience in the creation of a new team at DrKW."
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- Three Japanese banks consider new CVA approach
- EC to miss Mifir equivalence deadline for share-trading venues
- Uniform EU stress test backed by CCPs and banks