John Herbert, managing director and head of money market products, spot and forwards foreign exchange at Icap in London, said the team's departure will have a minimal impact on the UK broker.
Currently, Icap has 26 brokers covering foreign exchange and derivatives between London and Copenhagen. The company will be hiring immediately to replace the four departing staff. Herbert added that Icap has seen increased turnover on its I-Forwards system, its hybrid FX service.
The team included Magnus Andersson, Kim Nielsen, Harald Lagem and Ben Clifford. At BGC, they will report to Shaun Lynn, president of BGC in London. BGC refused to confirm the hires.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- State aid, Brexit’s impact on Mifid, and the Fed embattled
- Banks get no relief from CFTC’s variation margin delay
- Three Japanese banks consider new CVA approach