It's now more important than ever for financial institutions to capture information in as close to real time as possible, consolidate that information across geographies and business lines to get a firm-wide view of risk, and then report that data to regulators. That clearly poses a number of technology challenges.
In this webinar, a panel of industry experts talk about some of the changes banks are having to make to cope with new regulations - and in particular, the huge challenges they pose in terms of data collection, analysis and reporting.
- How important a driver is regulation is changing how banks collect, analyse and store data?
- What are the key challenges?
- Regulators have been pushing for legal entity and other identifiers. Has enough been done in developing these, and has the industry taken the right approach?
- Where are banks falling short in their data management?
- How important is access to real-time data?
- How easy is it to consolidate all this data into a standard format?
The panel comprises:
Neil McGovern, senior marketing director, SAP
Sanjay Sharma, chief risk officer, global arbitrage and trading, RBC Capital Markets