One of the most important challenges in the energy business is the optimal management of complex energy portfolios – making decisions under uncertainty. Current challenges energy professionals face include:
- Choosing between alternative trading decisions (exchange, OTC, optionality, etc.)
- Taking advantage of contracted delivery, flexibility or alternative pricing
- Determining the optimal type and use of transport and the most cost-effective routing
- Making 'burn or sell' decisions for fuels
- Optimising storage usage
- Committing and dispatching generation units
- Considering physical and regulatory constraints
In a complex portfolio with flexible cross-commodity positions, transmission capacities, storage and generation assets, and trading alternatives, the decision-maker must take into account all interrelations between the portfolio assets as well as the coherence of the supply-demand solution.
A lot of these decisions have to be made in a situation where many input factors are still uncertain. For an optimal decision-making process, it is important to have all related information available and to be able to analyse the necessary variety of scenarios and their business impacts on profit and risk.
Click here to register to view this event