Structured product providers in Asia have joined together to create a multi-dealer platform to be launched later this year that aims to service private banks while reducing costs for customers and boosting margins for dealers. The year to date has been characterised by range-bound Asian equity markets combined with low volatility across all asset classes and tightening credit spreads, which has resulted in lower trading volumes of structured products and increasingly thin margins for dealers.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- Banks get no relief from CFTC’s variation margin delay
- EC to miss Mifir equivalence deadline for share-trading venues
- Swaps play hidden role in UK banks’ ring-fencing plans