Goldman will launch eight covered warrants and certificates linked to the Halifax House Price Index. Some will be linked to UK-wide prices, while others will be linked to the price of residential housing in Greater London. Property owners could use the products to hedge the risk of a fall in house prices.
“These new covered warrants and certificates will provide investors with an attractive means of gaining or hedging exposure to the UK and London residential property market,” said Mark Valentine, executive director in charge of UK warrants at Goldman Sachs in London.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- State aid, Brexit’s impact on Mifid, and the Fed embattled
- Banks get no relief from CFTC’s variation margin delay
- Three Japanese banks consider new CVA approach