The Energy Risk Awards celebrate excellence in commodity trading, risk management and related activities. The winners are not necessarily the biggest names in the industry; instead, they are the companies that have shown the most progress, or that have outdone their rivals to innovate or to satisfy their clients.
The entries are judged using a rigorous process involving detailed submissions, face-to-face discussions and feedback from counterparties, clients and vendors. This makes winning an Energy Risk Award a powerful and credible accolade that your business has achieved something extraordinary.
While these awards are global, they are predominantly designed to cover firms based in Europe and the Americas. For companies that are most active in Asia, the Energy Risk Asia Awards will open for submissions in July.
To enter and see this year's submission guidelines in full, please visit the Energy Risk Awards website, however, please be advised that the voting process for the awards has now closed.
This year's categories are:
• Derivatives House of the Year
• Corporate Risk Manager of the Year
• Commodity or Energy Deal of the Year
• Oil & Products House of the Year
• Natural Gas House of the Year
• Electricity House of the Year
• Coal House of the Year
• Emissions House of the Year
• Weather House of the Year
• Base Metals House of the Year
• Precious Metals House of the Year
• Agricultural Commodities House of the Year
• Commodity or Energy Finance House of the Year
• Commodity or Energy Research House of the Year
• Commodity or Energy Broker of the Year
• Exchange of the Year
• Consultancy of the Year
• Hedging Advisory Firm of the Year
• ETRM/CTRM Software House of the Year
• Data House of the Year
• Technology Advisory House of the Year
• Innovation of the Year
• Newcomer of the Year
Please note these categories are not final. Any category may be removed at the discretion of the judges where there are insufficient entries, or if the entries are not of a sufficiently high quality.
Commodities Editor, Risk.net