After a gruesome year for alternative risk premia, banks have a new idea: fixed income.
Or a new take on an old one. As much of the market churned last year, fixed income strategies managed to go higher. So quants have been working overtime to come up with 2.0 versions of fixed income strategies as they revamp their battered slates of alt premia product.
Caio Natividade, head of cross-asset quant research at Deutsche Bank, calls fixed income the sector’s “next frontier”.
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head