Risk glossary


Hydropower licence

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issues major licences for constructing and operating a new project or operating an existing project that generates more than 5 megawatts. FERC issues minor licences for projects with capability of less than 5 megawatts. FERC can also issue a re-licence, which extends the term of an existing licence.

  • LinkedIn  
  • Save this article
  • Print this page  

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here: