Two important trends are taking place in the market for Certified Emissions Reduction (CER) credits, which, if fully realised, could establish CERs as the global greenhouse gas (GHG) currency – and thus potentially become the basis of a global price signal for investment in emissions abatement.
The first, short-term trend is the increased commoditisation and standardisation of the instrument, which promises to increase liquidity and thus allow for better price discovery. The second, medium
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants