It was a relatively tough year for commodity dealers in 2010. Commodity specialists with a strong understanding about the credit profile of their clients and able to offer holistic financing services tended to make ends meet. And solid credentials in agricultural products as well as base and precious metals also helped to bolster profits. But 2010 was not a good year for market participants focusing purely on the mainstream energy sector (see: the Asia Risk commodity derivatives rankings 2011).
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants