Now that most of Western Europe is preparing for the summer holidays, it is a good moment to reflect on what we have achieved in the insurance industry.
First, let's be honest. We are rightfully grateful to move on from the Solvency I framework, so Solvency II is a big step in the right direction. Also, there are only a few doubts about the objectives of Solvency II. As such it is good that the 2016 deadline is approaching and the industry is emerging from the stalemate in the decision-making
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules