Spotting entrepreneurial companies with the power and vision to transform industries is a trick that venture capital firm Lakestar appears to have nailed over the years, putting together an investment portfolio that includes Airbnb, Facebook, Skype and Spotify. In early 2013, it made its first foray into finance, selecting Algomi, a start–up technology vendor in the fixed–income market (Risk February 2013).
Since it was established in mid–2012, Algomi has quickly gained traction with top–tier
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules