Europe's decision to block the proposed merger of NYSE Euronext and Deutsche Börse is the right one, according to Michael Spencer, chief executive of interdealer broker Icap.
"I think the European Commission [EC] would be doing exactly the right thing if it decides to block the NYSE Euronext-Deutsche Börse merger," he told Risk in an exclusive interview before the decision had been announced. "It would create another monopoly in financial futures in Europe, in the same way that CME Group is a
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants