Third-country recognition under the proposed European regulation on financial indexes is "too demanding", creating uncertainty for the sale of indexes with Asian underlyings in Europe, according to market participants.
The proposals by the European Commission (EC) for the regulation of indexes used as benchmarks in financial instruments and financial contracts were released on September 18, 2013 and followed the final guidelines from the International Organization of Securities Commissions
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants