"The importance of the structured products business' fundraising capacity for banks is very difficult to quantify," says Emmanuel Naim, head of equity structured products at Societe Generale in Paris. "I wouldn't say there has been a major shift into structured products because of their capital-raising capacity, but it is true that this is extremely advantageous for banks right now."
One of the attractions of using structured products as a funding source for banks is diversification. Raising fun
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules