Until now, oil has remained the only major OTC energy market where electronic trading is not widespread.
"It seems strange that a market as big as the oil market has no electronic footprint," says Paul Newman, managing director of Icap Energy. "We're not saying this will now be an electronically traded market, but I do think adding electronic support to the existing market will be a huge factor in moving the oil market on to its next stages."
The service will be supported by the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019