A recent white paper published by Netherlands-based Trafigura has attracted both approval and sharp criticism from market observers, by attempting to prove that it and other commodity trading houses are not a source of systemic risk.
On April 24, the company released a 64-page paper on its website that strongly rejects the argument that commodity trading houses are ‘too big to fail'. The paper, sponsored by Trafigura and authored by Craig Pirrong, a professor at the University of Houston's Bauer
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC