In an effort to convince regulators of the merits of physical commodity trading by banks, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association commissioned a report by Colorado-based research firm IHS, which was released on September 19. That report includes five case studies that demonstrate exactly what banks do in physical commodities, and laments that their role is essential but poorly understood.
A poor understanding has certainly been shown by the intemperate and unreasoned debate
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?