Commodity trading advisors (CTAs) are bucking the trend in the hedge fund industry. This strategy has been one of the few bright spots in a difficult year characterised by spiralling losses and mounting redemption notices across a range of strategies. Trend-following CTAs have been able to record significant gains in falling markets by taking short positions on stock and commodity index futures.
CTA/managed futures funds are the top-performing strategy on many hedge fund indices. The strategy was
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden