UBS Asset Management has become the latest fund manager to set up a dedicated team to integrate the use of new types of data, machine-learning technology and other quant tools into its fundamental investment process.
The $795 billion asset manager has established a centralised quant unit called the Quantitative Evidence and Data Science (QED) team, to act as a resource for the firm’s non-quant investment professionals.
The group’s role will be to promote the use of data science throughout
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC