• Safekeeping and settlement of all types of securities eligible according to Russian legislation
• Over-the-counter FOP and DVP-1,2,3 settlement
• On-exchange settlement
• Central bank operations settlement
• Settlement via NSD accounts in International Central Securities Depositories (Euroclear, Clearstream)
• DR conversion/cancellation
• Clearing services (DVP-1, 2, 3)
• Cash account maintenance and cash settlement
• FX services
• Collateral management for REPO of the Bank of Russia
• Corporate actions processing for Russian and foreign securities
• CA information support
• Reorganisations and other mandatory corporate actions
• Notification (including SWIFT) of upcoming events
• Income payments and taxation
• Paying agent services
• General shareholders’ meeting (preliminary announcements, distribution of meeting materials and results)
• Disclosure of securities owners upon issuer/registrar requests
• E-proxy voting
• Maintenance and servicing of bond issues on the issue and treasury accounts
• Gathering and registering information on derivatives and repo contracts made under Master Agreements. Under phase 1, only repo and currency swap contracts require mandatory registration
• Bookkeeping of contracts register
• Providing confirmations to clients and authorities on registered contracts
• Information safekeeping and ensuring its confidentiality
• Transferring information on registered contracts to the Bank of Russia
• Depository Information Service Center (DISC)
• Securities and related information database SIR-NSD
• Information distribution to securities holders
• Issuance library
• The valuation centre of NFA
• National Numbering Agency
• Transfer agent services
• SWIFT access provider
• Support of foreign organisations in connection with the preparation of a set of documents
• Pre-Legal Entity Identifier (LEI)/LEI
Safekeeping fees (bonds – per face value, equities and unit investment funds – per market value) plus transaction fees.
Assets under custody
USD 558 billion as of November 1, 2014.
Bank of Russia, Federal Treasury, Russian subsidiaries of global custodians, issuers, professional market participants including brokers/dealers, banks, insurance companies and asset management companies.
• The Central Securities Depository of the Russian Federation, a part of the Moscow Exchange Group.
• Holds professional securities market participant License #177-12042-000100 for depository operations issued by the Federal Financial Markets Service on 19 February 2009, License #3294 for bank operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 26 July 2012 and License # 077-00004-000010 for the clearing activities issued by the Federal Financial Markets Service on 20 December 2012.
• Member of the associations: AECSD, ECSDA, ANNA, ROSSWIFT, NSMA, ABISS, WFC.
• Thomas Murray Rating AA-
• CPMI-IOSCO compliant CSD and payment system.
• Systemically important CSD, settlement depository, repository.
• Nationally important payment system.
Contact name: Eddie Astanin, Chairman of the Executive Board
Contact name: Dmitry Klimov, Head of Marketing
Contact name: Sergey Aristov, Director of Client Relations
Contact name: Elena Gusalova, Director of Research and Development
Contact name: Maria Ivanova, Vice President, Director for Development and Client Relations