Brief on the department:
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc pioneered Custody business in Nigeria in 1994 to attend to foreign investors who have an appetite for the Nigerian market and are in need of excellent safekeeping and administration capabilities in the market.
We provide custodial services to both local and international clients/investors, namely fund managers, asset managers, global custodians, international broker dealers, stockbrokers, retirement benefit schemes and other institutional investors wishing to invest in the Nigerian market. Recently, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) appointed us as one of the six custodians of Money Market and Fixed Income Instruments in Nigeria having satisfied all the requirements for the appointment.
In interfacing with clients, we operate with a clear understanding of their peculiar service requirements in order to deliver total customer experience. Our well trained and experienced operations and relationship teams are supported with infrastructure at the cutting edge of technology and expertise which enables us to provide excellent and best-in-class value proposition to our clients in Nigeria.
Our expertise and excellent client services have been accorded worthy recognition in the following awards recently won by the team:
• Awards for Excellence for both Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa by Global Custodian Survey 2007. Global Custodian is the world's Number 1 rater of custody service providers globally.
• Best Sub custodian in Nigeria 2009 by Global Investor - the globally recognized financial magazine and subsidiary of Euromoney.
• Award for Excellence 2010 in the Domestic, Cross-border and Leading Clients categories - the Global Custodian survey rating 2009.
• Best Sub custodian Bank award 2010 in Nigeria by Global Finance Magazine
• Best Sub custodian in Nigeria 2011 by Global Investor - the globally recognized financial magazine and subsidiary of Euromoney.