12 Aug 2013, BNP Paribas , Structured Products
• Primary: advanced tools to design, price and trade a large range of structured products
• Secondary pricing: fast and reliable market accessMarketing portal: wide range of structured products, including innovative payoffs, created on a weekly basis by structuring and pushed by sales. Transition payoff in July
• Underlying: BNP Paribas Proprietary Index and Commodities
• Minimum investment: dependent on client profile. Typically €200,000 for certificates in primary and €1,000 in secondary
• Quotes live: quotes remain on the platform for five minutes
• Portfolio: product valuations on historical values, underlying performance, events, documentation and detailed post-trade information visible on the platform
• Research: Global outlook and white papers are available
• Trading tips: platform users receive weekly targeted trade ideas and most-traded underlyings daily, available through real-time market intelligence tools
• Education material: tutorials, videos and product descriptions available
In June 2012, BNP Paribas launched SMART derivatives – its fully integrated structured products online platform. SMART derivatives covers the entire structured products value chain and helps our clients achieve their investment strategies while reducing transaction and functioning costs. Our clients gain in efficiency and benefit quickly from live market opportunities using a smooth and seamless workflow. The interactive nature of the platform enables clients to structure, price and trade products, craft investment ideas and dynamically manage their portfolio in a personalised environment. SMART derivatives includes white labelling capabilities to address clients’ own needs: custom-built pricing simulators, marketing and legal documents can be rapidly deployed to clients. Our reporting system delivers clear and simple monitoring of client trades, and offers greater transparency from pre- to post-trade, while helping decrease operational risk.
The platform also focuses on education. A series of tutorials, explanatory videos and product descriptions are available to help clients gain a deep understanding of some of our most sophisticated structures. One recent addition is an integrated chat system that allows clients to communicate instantly with their sales representative.
Leveraging BNP Paribas’ expertise as a European leader in structured products, SMART derivatives revolves around four key applications:
• Customised trade ideas through the marketing portal
• Full access to structuring and trading capabilities in the primary market
• Access to secondary market products
• Effective and complete post-trade support.
At present, more than 190 clients in 23 countries are actively using SMART derivatives. Fifteen currencies and 3,000 underlyings – including equities and commodities – are made available to our clients through the online platform. SMART derivatives is the first interface to offer a one-stop-shop online solution through the full structured products value chain, establishing it as the industry’s new standard.
© Incisive Media Investments Limited 2015, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited, Haymarket House, 28-29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX, are companies registered in England and Wales with company registration numbers 04252091 & 04252093