25 Feb 2011, Ernst & Young , Hank Prybylski , Risk magazine
In its third proprietary study of risk management practices, Ernst & Young surveyed 39 executives from the largest banks around the world, including C-suite officers as well as heads of various risk functions, internal audit and compliance. The findings are detailed in Recover, Adapt, Advance: Back to business in an uncertain world, which is available at www.ey.com/banking
1) What are the challenges banks face today?
2) What issues are banks having with forecasting?
3) What can banks do to improve forecasting?
4) How should banks define risk appetite?
5) Who's responsible for setting risk appetite?
6) How are banks identifying risk?
7) What should banks be doing to prepare for Basel III?
8) How will risk management frameworks change?
9) How will banks' data and technology be affected?
10) What advice would you offer to banks?