01 Jan 2001, Energy Risk glossary , Energy Risk
A trader may exceed position limits set by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) if:
1) the transaction or position is a substitute for transactions in a physical marketing channel; it is an economically appropriate means of risk reduction;
2) it arises from the potential change in the value of assets, liabilities or services;
3) it reduces risks resulting from a swap that was executed opposite a counterparty for which the transaction would qualify as a bona fide hedging transaction under the first three criteria; or
4) it reduces risks resulting from a swap that satisfies the first three criteria.
* see also Dodd-Frank; EMIR threshold
© Incisive Media Investments Limited 2015, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited, Haymarket House, 28-29 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4RX, are companies registered in England and Wales with company registration numbers 04252091 & 04252093