He will also be responsible for the European sales teams covering central banks, hedge funds and asset managers that operate in a similar style to hedge funds. He will jointly run the commodities hedge funds team with Jose Cogolludo.
Simon will be based in London and report to Jamie Bonic, European head of institutional sales. At Lehman, he was head of foreign exchange derivatives marketing.
In New York, Benjamin Ho has been hired as head of the credit derivatives index tranche trading desk for North America.
Ho has already taken up the position and reports to Andrew Silver, head of credit exotics and hybrids trading in North America. At Lehman, he worked as a senior credit correlation trader.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- Three Japanese banks consider new CVA approach
- Uniform EU stress test backed by CCPs and banks
- EC to miss Mifir equivalence deadline for share-trading venues