The official said there is not yet a firm time-frame for the approval of foreign currency-rupee options, but added that a realistic estimate would be April.
The RBI currently only allows companies to use forwards and long-term currency swaps in order to hedge their risks.
The week in Risk.net, February 10-16 2017Receive this by email
- Operational risk in financial services: Navigating risk management challenges in an uncertain world
- UK banks face increased XVA burden after ring-fencing
- State aid, Brexit’s impact on Mifid, and the Fed embattled
- Three Japanese banks consider new CVA approach
- Cognitive GRC: Bringing the value to governance, risk and compliance