CME eyes index products with Dow buy

CME Group plans to create new indexes and financial products based on its exchange-traded and over-the-counter data assets, and will leverage CME's data distribution network to expand the index products' reach, following its $607.5 million purchase of 90 percent of Dow Jones Indexes, officials say. CME will run the business as a separate joint venture, with Dow Jones owning the remaining 10 percent and licensing the DJ index brands to the venture in perpetuity. "The CME is known for trading e